The Web Runs on Love, Not Greed

JS Kelly jskelly@jskelly.com
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 13:23:03 -0800 (PST)

> "Wired magazine co-founder Kevin Kelly says that rather than moping
> over last year's dot-com debacle, we should rejoice over what we have
> -- a Web that features more than three billion public Web pages chock
> full of content

i'd like some of what he's smoking -- the web is a content wasteland.
there'd be more signal (and more to monetize) if the rush to 'monetize' it
hadn't happened so soon.

>         http://interactive.wsj.com/articles/SB1010022759592449440.htm
>
> Sub req'd, sorry...

when has that ever stopped anybody from reprinting articles here? i
thought the tradition was to include articles (with URL) to preserve
references, since what little actual content there is on the net keeps
getting disappeared by its creators... (or rather, not by its creators, by
its monetizers).

-jsk