Metanoise

Jeff Bone jbone@jump.net
Thu, 03 Jan 2002 15:02:39 -0600

Our own Geege has this to say in offlist convo...

> it's a feeling i'm getting that everyone,
> including fork posters, ineveryinstance demand the most return for
the least
> investment.

> i'm still not getting to my point.  it's like "quality time" with a
child.
> sometimes children just want parallel time.  i contend that the
quality
> can't occur without the parallel, that the stream-of-consciousness
forknoise
> is comparable to the suspension in which the real medicine is
delivered.
> it's necessary but not a necessary EVIL.

This is a very good, very interesting point, well stated.  I agree,
actually.
The FoRK gestalt happens (when it happens) as a result of random
collisions of
memes in that medium, and that even the most egregious noise serves a
purpose:
to stir that medium, to get the memes flowing and provide energy for
those
collisions.

$0.02,

jb