How Moore's law stabbed us in the back

Jeff Bone jbone@jump.net
Wed, 02 Jan 2002 17:50:29 -0600

Jeff Bone wrote:

> > FoRK is not about "performance art".  Any kind of crap can be
> > justified in the name of performance art.  FoRK is about bits and
> > flaming those who post without bits.  You're free to disagree, but
> > you'll just be wrong.
>
> Actually, no, you would be wrong --- utterly and precisely wrong.  Let's defer
> to the authoritative source.  From the FAQ:
>
>     "According to Rohit...  'FoRK is as much performance art as therapy.'" [1]

Let me be clear about what I was saying here:  FoRK *is* about "performance" art.
It may also be about bits and flaming those who post without bits;  the latter
doesn't exclude the former, as the quote above clearly indicates.  (IMO, flaming
those who post without bits *is* a kind of performance art, so like it or not, K,
you might indeed be doing the very thing you're claiming FoRK isn't about. :-)

jb