How Moore's law stabbed us in the back

Russell Turpin deafbox@hotmail.com
Wed, 02 Jan 2002 23:28:53 +0000

Kragen Sitaker writes:
>Lumping in Russ is less defensible, but the three of you have been
>responsible for the majority of the half-baked bit-free posts over the last
>year or two. In case it's not clear, I do appreciate your occasional
>interesting
>contributions, and Adam's and Russ's too.

A simple point: I don't know how to use this piece of
criticism. The problem is that it gives me no clue which
of my posts Kragen dislikes, and which he approves. I can
post less, of course, and if most on FoRK think my posts
are below par, then the optimal level may be zero. But
like most fora, I get both bouquets and brickbats, so I'm
not inclined to stop just because of the critics. I listen
to my critics. But I can learn only from the ones who are
more specific in their criticism.