How Moore's law stabbed us in the back

Kragen Sitaker kragen@pobox.com
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 01:46:37 -0500 (EST)

Adam Beberg writes:
> On Tue, 1 Jan 2002, Jeff Bone wrote:
> > <typical pessimistic Beberg drivel>
>
> Someone has to wack at the beehive around here or noone posts.
> You're just mad cause you consider that your turf ;)

What would happen if nobody whacked at the beehive?  Nobody would
post?  No, Adam.  Nobody would post UNLESS THEY HAD SOMETHING TO SAY.

I really wish you would just shut up, Adam, and Jeff too, except on
the rare occasion you have something interesting to say.  Over the
last year, a lot of FoRK's best posters have left because there's just
too much crap being posted.  (There's always crap being posted, of
course; it waxes and wanes.  It has waxed immense.)

I always wondered why the two of you posted such amazing amounts of
worthless drivel.  Now I know.  You just told us all, Adam.  It's
because, incredibly, YOU DON'T THINK THE NOISE LEVEL IS HIGH ENOUGH if
you don't add to it.

Well, maybe your time is worthless, your boredom extreme.  But
consider that maybe some of us DO have lives, DO have other things to
think about, and only WANT people to post if they have something to
say.

So stop "wacking at the beehive", Adam.  (Most people call it
"trolling.")  Stop now, now and forever.  If you need a place to
troll, I suggest you start your own motherfucking mailing list with
Jeff and Russ Turpin and leave the rest of us to post BITS.

Just my personal opinion, you understand --- I'm not announcing a
policy of censoring your posts because they lack content.  I'm
requesting that you censor your own posts when they lack content.