Russell jumping into one of gg's questions

Antoun Nabhan antoun@incellico.com
Thu, 24 May 2001 14:30:01 -0400

At 12:46 PM 5/24/01 -0500, Jeff Bone wrote:
>Those who are controlled by their meat are weak. ;-)
>
>jb

Yes, yes, I read "Emergence" when I was in high school, too, :-) but I find
its frequently useful to recast the Western mind/body split into a
conceptual framework of mind/body cooperation - exploring the urgent
properties of the meat as well as the emergent properties of the meat, and
using the latter in light of the capabilities of the former.

"Eat when hungry, sleep when tired." Not that I do, unfortunately.

As for the rest of your post, well, I suppose I need to do a little
research. I thought that the theory was still pretty theoretical, and the
evidence had not yet mounted. Or as Kuhn would say, the paradigm has not
yet shifted. :-)

My paradigm shift is 6-speed Tiptronic with steering-column mounted shifter
paddles,
--A.