Re: What's in a .htmld or .htmd?

Scott Anguish (sanguish@digifix.com)
Thu, 26 Jan 95 16:13:37 -0500

b.bum said

> have your cake and eat it to.
>
> form 3 w/ a symbolic link from foo.htmld/foo.html to foo.htmld/index.html.

I agree that this is definately the way to go, however, I'd argue that it is better to use form 1 (or ANY word index,default that is consistent across directories) as the standard, and then if you want to support the same name as folder form 3, then make that link..

I'm arguing for this only form only because form 1 is supported by servers as a default, and form 3 isn't...

Begin forwarded message: