Trivial HTTP.

I Find Karma (adam@cs.caltech.edu)
Wed, 19 Mar 97 08:52:02 PST

I asked the author of Trivial HTTP for a reference; come to find out
it's an Internet-draft for doing URN resolution request/response! In
case you wanted to read about it, the email follows, since it's about to
go last call...
-- Adam

> From rdaniel@acl.lanl.gov Wed Mar 19 08:33:52 1997
> To: adam@cs.caltech.edu (I Find Karma)
> Subject: Re: Trivial HTTP.
>
> At 08:17 AM 3/19/97 PST, you wrote:
> > I was wondering if you've heard of something called "Trivial HTTP"
> >and, if so, where I could read about it. Altavista turns up empty.
>
> As a matter of fact, yes. Its a document I wrote on a dirt-simple approach
> to encoding URN resolution requests and responses in HTTP. (A more
> intellectually satisfying way would be to define new HTTP methods to
> do things like the N2C (name to characteristics) sort of requests).
>
> The Internet-draft on THTTP can be found at:
> http://www.acl.lanl.gov/URN/thttp.txt
> or in various Internet draft repositories under
> draft-ietf-urn-http-conv-01.txt
>
> It is about to go to last call, and is targeted for publication as
> an Experimental RFC.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ron Daniel Jr. voice:+1 505 665 0597
> Advanced Computing Lab fax:+1 505 665 4939
> MS B287 email:rdaniel@lanl.gov
> Los Alamos National Lab http://www.acl.lanl.gov/~rdaniel
> Los Alamos, NM, USA, 87545

----
adam@cs.caltech.edu

I don't trust [Lando Calrissian] either, but he is my friend.
-- Han Solo, The Empire Strikes Back