Re: Wireless Web Applications: Munchkins are coming!

Henrik Frystyk Nielsen (frystyk@w3.org)
Tue, 04 Mar 1997 15:04:38 -0500

At 02:54 PM 3/4/97 -0500, Rohit Khare wrote:

>Major error: not clear which paragraphs are yours and which are quoted.
>Btw, HDML sucks. They should use real Html, device-specific CSS and
>preloaded binary compression dictionaries to separately settle the size
>issue.

You said it :-) and use PEP to describe device features, special wire
encodings etc.

>PPS. Henrik et al are really interested in attacking http-performance-over
>wireless now that we have all these shiny new Ericsson phones at W3C...

Yep - just waiting for the right cable between the modem and the portable.
Not completely wireless yet, I guess ;-)

Henrik

World Wide Web Consortium, MIT/LCS NE43-346