KOW_tow (fwd)

CobraBoy (tbyars@earthlink.net)
Thu, 30 Jan 1997 13:18:57 -0800

<< start of forwarded material >>

-> From: greg <greg@CYPHER.NET>
-> Subject: KOW_tow (fwd)
->
-> Forwarded message:
-> >
-> > 1-28-97:
-> >
-> > "New Crypto Engines From Trusted Information Systems Allow Easy
-> > International Use of Strong Encryption "
-> >
-> > By supporting any application that calls for the use of algorithms such
-> > as DES, Triple-DES, or 128-bit RC2 or RC4, "this product will allow
-> > Windows users to use encryption as easily as they use a mouse.
-> > Previously, if developers wanted to use encryption in their
products, they
-> > had to consider writing two different versions, dealing with changing
-> > export regulations, and so on. Now, they can write one version of the
-> > program and sell it worldwide, knowing that the CSP will handle the
-> > encryption legally and safely."
-> >
-> > "Two Companies Set to Offer Key Recovery Services Using Technology
-> > from TIS "
-> >
-> > SourceKey and Data Securities International (DSI) have applied
-> > for approval to operate Key Recovery Centers to support
-> > exported encryption products. TIS also announced today that it is in
-> > negotiations with the National Computing Centre, Ltd. of the U.K. and
-> > Philips Crypto BV of the Netherlands to license the first non-U.S.-based
-> > Key Recovery Centers for third party use.
-> >
-> > "Burns Prepares To Reintroduce Encryption Bill"
-> >
-> > "This time around," Burns said, "we intend to put a bill on the
-> > President's desk and find out if he is truly on the side of the
-> > users and providers of rapidly expanding high-tech goods and
-> > services." It would prohibit a mandatory system under which
-> > producers or users of hardware and software would be required
-> > to surrender a decoding "key" to a third party.
-> >
-> > -----
-> >
-> > KOW_tow
->
-> - --
-> Greg Vassie C y p h e r N e t
-> greg@cypher.net -tH3 r3v0lUt10n w1lL b3 3n[rYpT3d-
-> finger for PGP key
->
->
-> One can not take any old organ and just put it anywhere you please.
->

<< end of forwarded material >>

--

I got two turntables and a microphone...

<> tbyars@earthlink.net <>