Re: Catching up: Alan Kay, Stan Lippman, Steve Vinoski...

I Find Karma (adam@cs.caltech.edu)
Sun, 19 Jan 97 23:17:40 PST

Then Mark wrote:
> "one reason or another"?! I'll give *THE* reason. If you know
> how to build business objects, you can name your food.
> Poutine, pickled crab apples, or a dark green Jag XLS with brown
> leather interior and those cool fold-down trays in the back.

Unfortunately, there IS one food you cannot have, a food that Rohit is
painfully aware of. That food is "respectability in academic circles."

Then again, who wants respect from academics, anyway, right? :)

> Me? I'm in it for the lasagna.

An excellent choice.

----
adam@cs.caltech.edu

You know, there are a million fine looking women in the world, dude.
But they don't all bring you lasagna at work. Most of them will just
cheat on you.
-- Silent Bob, Clerks