Fw: Urgent! AOP Alert 97:03 (fwd)

Rohit Khare (khare@www10.w3.org)
Thu, 16 Jan 1997 16:22:13 -0500

I agree with Don. The concept is not evil; the details need fixing, but
most of all, the current generation of routing strategies cannot work with
sparsely allocated addresses, perhaps never.

Rohit

PS. How many times have some of you gotten this AOP notice? This is at
least the 6th copy today for me...

----------
> From: Donald E. Eastlake 3rd <dee@cybercash.com>
> To: dcsb@ai.mit.edu
> Cc: listmom-talk@skyweyr.com
> Subject: Re: Urgent! AOP Alert 97:03 (fwd)
> Date: Thursday, January 16, 1997 2:17 PM
>
> For years those in the Asia/Pacific and European areas to whom IP
addresses
> have been allocated have had to pay the administrative costs of their
> regional NICs (APNIC and RIPE) including IP address administration. The
US
> and rest of the world got a free ride courtesy of the US government.
With