Re: 6% Solution

Rohit Khare (khare@w3.org)
Fri, 16 Aug 1996 12:56:49 -0400 (EDT)

Apple has sold 25m boxes, and have the gall to say 1) every last one is still
in use and 2) every box has an average of 4 users (all I can say is, I used
to have 4 macs for one user, namely me). That was delivered over 12 years
at a peak market share of 14%. Today's share is 6% and they might sell 4m boxes
implying the Wintel market is 20x larger, and indeed 70-90m intels will probably
ship this year. It's stagerring...

Rohit Khare

Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 09:21:36 -0700
To: FoRK@xent.w3.org
From: CobraBoy <tbyars@earthlink.net>
Subject: 6% Solution

>" I think
> it's a great way to project to the world what our 56 million users already
> know: that using Apple products, people can achieve things they never
> dreamed of achieving in their lives. I want Apple to always strive to
> bring an element of delightful surprise to our customers.

That quote is from Dr. Gil at Apple. I've never been good at this so would
some FoRKER help me out on this.

If Apple has sold 56 million boxes and they have 6% market share, how many
boxes run Windoze?

Tim

--

-= -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Experience means knowing the unknown... -=-=-=-=-=-=-= -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- tbyars@earthlink.net