Internet Wars on NPR Science Friday Today

Rohit Khare (khare@w3.org)
Fri, 16 Aug 1996 09:20:02 -0400 (EDT)

They called asking for Tim, but he's on vacation. I'm looking forward to
this episode, though......

RK

Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 08:54:37 -0300
To: dcsb@ai.mit.edu (Digital Commerce Society of Boston)
From: The Arctos Group <arctos@arctos.com>
Subject: NPR Science Friday for 8/16

This afternoon's program on "Science Friday" on National Public
Radio, broadcast from Washington, DC at 1800hrs GMT (2PM EDT) is on
the future of the internet. I was unable to get a list of guests,
but past programs would suggest that there likely will be some
interesting individuals. Host Ira Flatow is much more techno-savvy
than the usual broadcast personality.

Here is the description from the npr.org web site:

Show Date: 8/16/96

Topic for Hour One: Internet Update

Synopsis: A War is waging over the future of the Internet. Who
will control it, and what will it look and sound like as it reaches
maturity? In this hour of Science Friday, find out who the players
are, and what you can expect to see, or not see, on your computer
screen in the years to come.

Sorry for the short notice. I just heard the teaser this morning.