Re: Microsoft wants to help Apple retain MacOS market share

CobraBoy (tbyars@earthlink.net)
Wed, 14 Aug 1996 23:04:50 -0700

At 01:19 AM 8/15/96 -0400, Rohit Khare wrote:
>Re: Shoe, other foot
>
>This one is the most mysterious of all. Good coverage from Mac zines, too. I
>just can't say what to make of it... the WSJ article was fwded earlier

>Microsoft wants to help Apple retain MacOS market share

Rohit, Rohit, Rohit..

Again grasshopper you failed to listen to your buddy, CobraBoy.

I have been telling people it would come to this for a LONG time. Of course
everyone thought I was 1) nuts, or 2) an asshole, but again as usual I'm right.

See if any of you had gone out and killed brain cells as I had you would
have picked up a few things. This is what I call the "Budwiser Effect." And
no, I don't mean heartburn and farts.

You see Budwiser has about 90% of the domestic beer market. They HAVE to
allow Coors and Miller to compete to keep the feds off their back.
Anti-trust and stuff. So I predicted a looong time ago that the Budwiser
effect would eventually come into the fracas with computers. Ms will have to
prop up Apple.

The thing that I found more amazing than this though is the PR on
www.microsoft.com about IE 3.0. It read like they were releasing a Mac
version also. And I get free WSJ with my old Mac 2.01 version.

Tim

--

** History 101** Hiroshima 45 - Chernobyl 86 - Windows 95 -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- "The only problem with Microsoft is they just have no taste, they have absolutely no taste, and what that means is, I don't mean that in a small way I mean that in a big way. ...I have a problem with the fact that they just make really third rate products."

Steve Jobs, Triumph of the Nerds, PBS Documentary -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- tbyars@earthlink.net -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-