Re: Paper: a dangerous medium

duck (duck@hellskitchen.com)
Sat, 5 Apr 1997 01:43:56 -0500 (EST)

At 06:02 PM 4/4/97 -0800, Dan Kohn wrote:
> http://www.slate.com/Readme/97-04-05/Readme.asp
>
>Slate has an entertaining (if somewhat obvious) editorial decrying
>paper as "a dangerous medium, all too prone to misuse by pedophiles,
>political extremists, paranoid conspiracy mongers, and purveyors of
>bad casserole recipes." Obviously, children need to be protected
>against such a threat.

Please excuse my extreme ignorance (though it's getting to be a habit), but
i don't read Stale, so someone please tell me if this article is
intentionally facetious or if they are really that clueless.

A Mathematician, a Biologist, and a Physicist are sitting in a street cafe
watching people going in and coming out of the house on the other side of
the street. First they see two people going into the house. Time passes.
After a while they notice three persons coming out of the house.

The Physicist says: "The measurement wasn't accurate."
The Biologist concludes: "They have reproduced."
The Mathematician says: "Now if another person enters the house, it'll be
empty again."

*** "If you ever fall from the top of a skyscraper,
only scream when passing open windows, because
closed windows are usually soundproof, and
hey, you'd just be wasting your breath."

- R.M. Weiner