Re: Climbing Clueful Mountain

Mark Baker (markb@mrburns.iosphere.net)
Fri, 4 Apr 1997 18:33:31 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 4 Apr 1997, Ron Resnick wrote:
> his beer can, his remote, his LazyBoy. That is, Joe is a *person*, in
> his *place*, doing his *thing*. Not a document in sight.

A refrigerator is a place. It contain things, including beers. If
this had to be presented today, on a desktop, you'd have a refrigerator
container, with views of the various items within it. What's that, if
not a compound document?

> I find document terminology to be very confusing. I remember talking
> to Gayl about this - it only sinks in when you stop saying "document"
> and start saying "container" - documents obscure the issue.

Is it just a nomenclature issue?

> I say forget this document stuff. Objects are where it's at.

You need both.

MB

--
Mark Baker, Ottawa Ontario CANADA.                  Java, CORBA, OpenDoc, Beans
markb@iosphere.net, mbaker@nortel.ca             http://www.iosphere.net/~markb

Will distribute business objects for food.