Re: Microsoft Projecting

Jeff Bone (jbone@jump.net)
Tue, 05 Oct 1999 17:27:49 -0500

I can't speak to the latest version, but as of late last year whatever they
were shipping in MSDN Enterprise still had two significant problems that kept
me from trusting it completely in large project environments. First, there's
a bug in their critical path analysis --- amazingly, as that's pretty simple
directed graph analysis. Under certain circumstances it misidentifies the
critical path! Second, and probably related, the levelling algorithm is
totally wacked.

Be interested to know if the newer one works any better, if you spring for
it.

$0.02,

jb