Re: PATENT 5,878,155: Star of David Tattoo

David Crook (dcrook@commwerks.com)
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 17:22:42 -0700

I've been working with BeastTech (formerly Mark of the Beast Technologies)
for a while as a consultant. There has been some misinformation going
around on this list today and I just want to clear a few things up.

For starters, people are not going to be bar coded. The original plan was
to tattoo everyone but that has been replaced with newer technologies.
"The Big Guy" prides himself on keeping up with the times and tattooed UPC
codes are decidedly behind the times. Once it became obvious that people
were going to start tracking each other so meticulously for credit and loan
purposes, it was decided to outsource most of the tracking to other
companies that were just doing a better job of it. For the most part
BeastTech invests in companies that creates technologies for identifying
and tracking people. A lot of our investments have been in computer
technology, especially database and storage oriented companies. But lately
we have been concentrating our efforts in marketing. We have been doing a
lot of partnerships with chain stores and we are one of the big movers
behind the "club cards" that are so popular nowadays. The CEO was most
pleased to discover that the average American was more than happy to sell
their anonymity for 20 cents off a six pack of coke. We were not looking
forward to the logistical nightmare of forcibly tattooing or branding the
entire human population. Now the plan is to setup convenient kiosks in the
larger population areas where people will sign up for their free
BeastTech(TM) discount card. As a further insentive we will be giving away
a free beanie baby to everyone that signs up. Look for details on the
BeastTech website, we will be rolling that out on Jan 1st.

I hope that clears a few things up.

Dave