Re: Herring "Explains" Bush Push

ThosStew@aol.com
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 09:35:59 EDT

In a message dated 9/9/1999 7:28:34 AM, sk@zotgroup.com writes:

>As you all know, I have strong political ties to
>Presidential candidate George W. Bush, however these are not
>the opinions of Red Herring Communications nor do they
>influence the journalistic ethics of any of the editorial
>properties of Red Herring Communications.

In a similar way, Forbes magazine takes no position on the candidacy of Steve
Forbes, I am sure hardy har har

But what is wrong with the idea of the press being partisan? Last time I
looked, the First Amendment nowhere said that the press must be unbiased.
Journalistic objectivity is in fact a fairly recent ideal, and it would be a
terrible thing if the price of press freedom were that it is free to give
only just the facts, ma'm.

Tom Stewart