Re: Welcome to the FoG, microbunk

From: Rodent of Unusual Size (Ken.Coar@Golux.Com)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 05:29:08 PDT

Lucas Gonze wrote:

> Look M. Rodent, political wackoes are all over the place in life.
> Most of the time you ignore them until they go away. But
> sometimes you got to whack em down. It's the right thing to do.

What a crock. Maybe sometimes you feel compelled to do something,
but that hardly makes it objectively 'right.' I support your
right to 'whack em down' -- but by that same token you yourself
are subject to whacking. :-) I maintain that I have the right
to consider and call you a putz, but I don't and I'm not. Hey,
if I don't exercise that against some of the other people here,
you're pretty safe. :-> But be warned.

> There a difference between blabbing about your own personal
> stuff ("I sure love Whitney Houston") and attacking other people's
> ("Whitney Houston sure sucks!").

Yup, there is -- but both are acceptable on this list. If you
don't understand that, then you don't get the point of FoRK.

> If somebody's a jerk there's nothing wrong with saying so.

All right -- you're being a jerk by asking other people here
to refrain from a topic about which you personally don't want
to read. :-)

--
#ken    P-)}

Ken Coar <http://Golux.Com/coar/> Apache Software Foundation <http://www.apache.org/> "Apache Server for Dummies" <http://Apache-Server.Com/> "Apache Server Unleashed" <http://ApacheUnleashed.Com/>