Re: OMG's ninth life: SOAP

From: Justin Mason (jm@jmason.org)
Date: Mon Sep 25 2000 - 04:54:08 PDT

Rohit Khare said:

> 09/22/00, 9:00 a.m. EDT--The Object Management Group (OMG) finished
> its most recent Technical Meeting Week in early September. Among many
> other things, the very busy standards organization addressed
> integration of CORBA and SOAP.

Good news.

All I can see on the OMG site tho' is a CORBA/SOAP RFP, ie. CORBA *over*
SOAP; or "support of CORBA semantics over SOAP [to] enable native SOAP
clients to access CORBA services", which isn't exactly 2 way...

I also see there's an RFP for a WMLScript IDL mapping. That is simply
psychotic. ;)

> The PTC also looked at such things as efforts to standardize methods
> to transmit CORBA network packets through firewalls [...]

oops. cleaning up after my mess I guess, ;)

--j.