The annex is closed

From: Tom Whore (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Fri Sep 22 2000 - 15:05:04 PDT

Would you belive it? SOmeone went on WSMF went and uploaded copyrighted
material to my shared annex site. I would not have known this was
happenign had I not gotten a helpfull email from Niel Gaiman earlier this
week.

Well surfice it to say the nasty files are gone and the annex is
undergoing a security sweep.

Then there is this....

http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,38945,00.html?tw=wn20000922

" Pirates Invade Book Publishing by M.J. Rose 3:00 a.m. Sep. 22, 2000 PDT
Editor's Note: This article was updated to reflect changes in the website
detailed in the original.

Where did the free books go? A website that offered links to free
downloads of entire texts of copyrighted books by famous authors, as cited
in a Wired News article, has been altered at least twice.
"

Anyway i hope this shed some light on the matter.