Re: Are you an open source developer?

From: Dave Winer (dave@userland.com)
Date: Sun Sep 17 2000 - 13:47:04 PDT

The key point is that for a complex product there has to be someone in
charge. I think we're in agreement on that. Could you imagine a movie
without a director? Same with software, at least I've never seen a
counter-example. And generosity of users is not new to the "movement"
either, it just wasn't fashionable to look at it. Imho, of course. Dave