Re: Civilization as Open Source.... Was Re: Congrats! OS/X in NYTimes

From: Dave Winer (dave@userland.com)
Date: Sat Sep 16 2000 - 20:23:58 PDT

I hate to tell you this, but *all* software that's alive is a process.

http://davenet.userland.com/1995/09/03/wemakeshittysoftware

"Software is a process, it's never finished, it's always evolving. That's
its nature. We know our software sucks. But it's shipping! Next time we'll
do better, but even then it will be shitty. The only software that's perfect
is one you're dreaming about. Real software crashes, loses data, is hard to
learn and hard to use. But it's a process. We'll make it less shitty. Just
watch!"

Dave