Holy Pikachus! 4Kids kisses the Nasdaq buh-bye.

From: Adam Rifkin (adam@KnowNow.com)
Date: Fri Sep 15 2000 - 18:33:13 PDT

Looks like KIDE is following AMER (now AOL) and QWST (now Q) into the
New York Stock Exchange. 4Kids to Nasdaq: "Buh bye."

    http://www.quicken.com/investments/news/story/bw/?story=/news/stories/bw/20000914/a2327.htm

Not sure why I'm love this company. Could be that they have $103
million in cash even though their market cap is only $250 million.
Could be that they have a Price to Earnings ratio of 6 (even though in
The Stock Market Of The Year 2000 PE Ratios mean less than Diddly-to-
Bupkus ratios).

Could be that they have "4K" in their name.

Could be all the cuddly little Pikachus hanging around the office.
Could be that they bring joy and entertainment to children worldwide.
Could be that the stock has been beaten mercilessly over the past 10
months even though it was named Fortune Magazine's #1 Fastest growing
company this year (earnings growth close to 400% y2y). Could be that
the annual report is glossy and beautiful and full of Pokemon tzochkes.

Oh well, whatever. Seems to be a great little company despite its
miserable stock performance over the past year. NYSE, here we come!
(And to the KIDE bears, eat my shorts. :)

> 4Kids Entertainment, Inc. To List On The New York Stock Exchange
> Thursday, September 14, 2000 10:54 AM
>
> NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sept. 14, 2000--4Kids Entertainment,
> Inc. (Nasdaq: KIDE, news, msgs), today announced that it has been
> approved for listing on the New York Stock Exchange and that the
> Company expects to begin trading on the NYSE Wednesday, September 20,
> 2000, under the ticker symbol "KDE." Until that time, the 4Kids
> Entertainment's common stock will continue trading on the Nasdaq
> National Market.
>
> "Our move to the New York Stock Exchange is primarily motivated by our
> desire to provide superior market quality for all investors and a
> short sales rule that is more restrictive. Listing on the NYSE offers
> us more visibility and a greater opportunity toward building global
> brand awareness," said Al Kahn, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
> of 4Kids.
>
> "4Kids' decision to end its long-term relationship with Nasdaq was not
> an easy one. However, we believe this change is in the best interest
> of our shareholders."
>
> About 4Kids:
>
> Headquartered in New York City, 4Kids Entertainment, Inc., (Nasdaq:
> KIDE, news, msgs) is a vertically-integrated entertainment company
> whose wholly-owned subsidiaries include: Leisure Concepts, Inc., a
> leader in domestic and international merchandise licensing and product
> development; 4Kids Productions, a television, film, music and home
> video production company; The Summit Media Group, a domestic and
> international television distribution and media buying company;
> Websites4Kids, a web site development company; and Technology4Kids,
> which integrates technologies with toy and game concepts. For further
> information visit the Company's Web site at www.4KidsEntert

----
Adam@KnowNow.Com

Make an enemy for life. A gentleman has been defined as someone who never gives pain to anyone unintentionally. This leaves plenty of leeway for deliberate rudeness toward someone you can't stand. Stand up to a bully; speak out against a fraud; fight off a rival for a prize. Care enough about something to make someone mad. An enemy helps you define yourself. As Schopenhauer said, "We can come to look upon the deaths of our enemies with as much regret as we feel for those of our friends, namely, when we miss their existence as witnesses to our success." -- John Tierney, "10 Things to Do Before You Die", from the Forbes FYI Tenth Anniversary Issue that Rohit seems to love so much, http://www.forbes.com/fyi/00/0918/082.htm