Re: What is Open Source?

From: Dave Winer (dave@userland.com)
Date: Fri Sep 15 2000 - 13:10:36 PDT

Charles,

I think terminology is as important as license agreements. I am not a
"closed-source developer", a term that I consider perjorative and negative.
I create both commercial and open source software. The least interesting
aspect of my commercial software is the source that I don't release.

Now that that's out of the way, I like your story, what project are you
managing in a bazaar-like way?

Dave