Re: Fw: http://www.egroups.com/message/decentralization/326

From: Dave Winer (dave@userland.com)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 09:09:15 PDT

Sorry, I missed the context of your original post re CDF. I don't know the
answer, but no one raised the question when RSS 0.91 came out, as far as I
know. It seems that was the point in time to do it.

Now here's my memory of CDF. It was a static site description format,
proposed by Microsoft in response to work Netscape was doing with Marimba.

I was at the press conf in 1997 where they rolled it out, and since Kim
Polese was a friend of mine, I felt bad that she wasn't on stage with all
her competitors. It made me feel pretty sick.

A similar thing is going on here, of course. ;->

Dave