Why I hate Saturn

From: eirikur@mail.flashcom.net
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 07:27:07 PDT

        "Why do we always wind up going out for Mexican?"
        "Because you can drink abusively with your meal and no one notices."

I love that book. I wish he could have sustained it better. It loses its
inspired quality (which is SO striking) about 2/3 of the way in. It almost feels like something major changed in the author's life.

I used to share a house with Jerry Boyajian, the film and comics guru. Despite my general lack of interest in comic books, he put me on to some
good stuff like Watchmen and Why I Hate Saturn. Now *I* have trouble
trying to explain comic books/graphic novels as serious art to people.
Jerry's back working in "The Mill" for EDS, instead of Digital.

Eirikur

This message has been posted from Mail2Web http://www.mail2web.com/
Web Hosting for $9.95 per month! Visit: http://www.yourhosting.com/