Intel & P2P

From: Gregory Alan Bolcer (gbolcer@endtech.com)
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 07:24:18 PDT

I am planning on attending. Any other FoRKers
going to join in the fun? I think it can be a real
raucous meeting with some great peacockery.

Greg

Please accept my personal apologies for the very long time it has taken to
provide a response to the large number of phone and e-mail messages we have
received about the new Peer-to-Peer Working Group that Intel is forming.
The very large response caught us off-guard. We have had to change our
plans significantly to accommodate.

The first meeting of the Peer-to-Peer Working Group will be September 26,
2000 from 9 AM to 3 PM at
            Location: Biltmore Hotel
            Address: 2151, Laurelwood Road
            Santa Clara, CA 95054
            Phone: 408-346-4718
                http://www.hotelbiltmore.com/

The URL for the Biltmore includes directions to the hotel. We are arranging
a block of hotel rooms to be reserved for those who will need to stay
overnight.

This information is also on the Peer-to-Peer Working Group web site:
http://www.Peer-to-PeerWG.org. As additional information becomes available
it will be posted there as well.

The agenda for this meeting will be sent as soon as possible.

The working group is open to all interested parties in the industry. This
first meeting is being hosted by Intel, and there is no charge to attend.
There will be dues to become regular members. Exactly what those will be is
not yet set. There will be a hierarchy so that enough funds will be
available to cover the costs of the group, without undue burden on the
members.

This will be a WORKING GROUP. The GOAL is to develop infrastructure
standards to enable peer-to-peer computing everywhere. In
support of this the working group will determine areas for standardization,
rapidly develop specifications, and promote adoption of
these specifications as standards throughout the computer industry.

Robert L. Knighten | Peer-to-Peer Evangelist
Enterprise Architecture Lab | (503) 677-4315
Intel Corporation, CO3-202 | Fax: 677-6700
5200 N.E. Elam Young Parkway | Mobile: 708-0932
Hillsboro, OR 97124-6497 | Bob.Knighten@intel.com