RE: [NYT] Righting United Airlines: Nine Flight Plans

From: Lisa Dusseault (lisa@xythos.com)
Date: Mon Sep 11 2000 - 09:55:58 PDT

So let me summarize what the experts said.

PaineWebber analyst: "labor has excessive structural leverage"; call off the
merger.
Professor of organizational behaviour: United needs organizational training.
Aviation consultant: Their service people need more manners and charm.
Union VP: We need to move the contract process and settle labor issues.
The problem is not the employees.
Airline passenger advocate: United has a credibility gap with passengers.
Professor of marketing and communications: communicate to your customers.
Publisher: "There needs to be a lot of healing".
Professor of marketing: need a marketing plan to bring customers back.
Professor of economics: The problem is scarcity of gates and flight control.

It reminds me of the blind men looking at the elephant.

Lisa