Re: help my political naivete

John Boyer (johnboy@CreativeSysInc.com)
Mon, 09 Nov 1998 10:04:17 -0600

At 08:33 AM 11/9/98 -0500, you wrote:
> He's since decided that he
>doesn't have the support he needs to be the Speaker of the House. As
>a result, he *quits*. I'm not sure I understand this.

Now THAT'S "Atonement"!
A lesson that Clinton and all 400 thousand Million-Man-Marchers should learn.

It just goes to show how screwed up our politics are. Clinton is a dirty
old man with a list of crimes and misdeeds two yards long and is loved and
adored by the unwashed masses. Newt's lawyers make a mistake that
contradicts his spoken testimony (which was truthful BTW) and he is fined
$300K.
To explain it all, just remember that Clinton/Gore champaign slogan from '92.
"It's the Stupid, Economy", or something like that.
--johnboy

PS. Now Newt will have to run for president or write another book so he
can raise the money to pay the $300 K back to Dole that he didn't have in
the first place because the money from his $2 Million book deal went to his
lesbian sister to get her off of all of those sunday morning talk shows so
she didn't tarnish his reputation so he could really run for president
while Dole needs the money so his wife can pretend to be a serious
candidate in the NH primaries so that she will later be nominated as the
first woman GOP VP.

PSS. To answer your question, I have no idea what happens to 6th district
in Georgia.