UNL sets up a holistic cs program + residence = CEOs (?!)

Rohit Khare (rohit@fdr.ICS.uci.edu)
Tue, 20 Oct 1998 12:19:08 -0700

Well, good for Nebraska. I can only imagine the leverage if it had been on a
*real* campus :-)

Irony and jealousy aside, I think it's an exceedingly practical goal to mint
managers. I just wish a) it were really possible with greenfield 20 year olds
and b) it wasn't so prosaic. But as so often in life romance (the Scientific
Stuggle To Understand Our Universe) is at odds with practice (where the next
Buffet?).

Rohit

PS. UCI, ironically, is one of the best set-up places to bid for such a
program if it were an open process. Unlike the other UCs, it a) has a good
enough school of information to make it worthwhile but b) doesn't have an
undergrad program snooty enough to disdain such an initiative, and c) we also
need lots of housing and marquee pieces to attract students as we climb the
ranks.