RE: Voice Economics

Tom Whore (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 13:39:07 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 16 Oct 1998, Lisa Lippert (Dusseault) (Exchange) wrote:

> Do you know of any studies that support that? When the number of
> participants grows, I would think it would be even more important to
> have full-duplex so that the whole meeting can hear when somebody makes
> a sound indicating they want to speak next.

Half duplex is a monologue
full duplex is a conversation

But still and all, voice alone is only a fraction of how and what we
communicate, or better put it is just one tool we use to express
ourselves, most times with out knowing we are using those tools at all.
Facial ticks, breathing, eye motion, finger twitches.

There is still a very long way to go until full-humanplex communications
are realized over the lines, data or voice.