Re: Microsoft's fax to Larry Lessig: Bill Gates as Satan?

David Crook (dcrook@commwerks.com)
Thu, 08 Jan 1998 10:49:37 -0800

Joseph M. Reagle Jr. wrote:

> At 06:48 AM 1/8/98 -0800, Todd Kaloudis wrote:
> >What's interesting is, in the high-tech business, isn't it almost
> >impossible to find someone who doesn't have an opinion (one way or the
> >other) about MS?
>
> Not even just the high-tech business. This is similar to SC appointments
> where it has been found to be politically advantageous to not have
> published, lectured, or spoken on any significant topic.

Fortunatly there is a solution for this on the immediate horizon. A
doctor in Chicago has annouced plans to open the first human cloning
clinic. Think about it, we could have thousands of copies of some bland
human being suitable for political appoitments, special councils,
judgeships, etc. All of them kept on ice, complete blank human clay.
These people will show up for their duties having published no
controversial papers, committed no embarrasing acts, made no outrageous
statements to the press, or having experienced any independent thought,
deed or emotion.

Dave "We could ship them in six or twelve packs for juries" Crook

--
David Crook
Programmer/Analyst