Re: Fast company mag: worth a try?

mdm8@cornell.edu
Thu, 8 Jan 1998 03:33:28 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 3 Jan 1998, Dan Connolly wrote:

> I got on another mailing list (surface mail) somehow.
> This one's got me pegged. I got an offer for a free
> issue of a magazine:
>
> http://www.fastcompany.com/
>
> one of the endorsements is fairly compelling:
>
> "I experiment with many of the conepts in
> your magazine--from your advice on time
> management to your discussions of chaos
> theory. I'd like to report that your 'crazy'
> ideas actually work. Fast Company, you rule
> the news!"
>
> -Vince Wicker
> Global Marketing Mgr.
> Mindspring Enterprises
>
> (not to be confused with mainspring)
>
> Whaddya think? Is it worth sending in the reply
> card to get a free issue? (the downside, of course,
> being the burden of unsubscribing.)

I actually subscribe to the magazine and find it quite interesting. I
picked it up last March while stuck in North Carolina waiting for a
flight. I read the whole thing on the flight (cover to cover) and when I
got home, logged in to their web page and subscribed. You can check out
their web page at www.fastcompany.com but it's only $15 for a subscription.

Each issue has a "focus" and sometimes it's more interesting than
others. The one that originally caught my eye was all about startups,
but there are a whole variety of topics. Generally, I've found it to be
both creative and insightful. It's fun to read, sorta like Wired used to be.

Just my thoughts...

-Mike