Re: Flamewar!!

Ron Resnick (resnick@interlog.com)
Sun, 21 Dec 1997 00:11:02 +0200

At 11:35 AM 12/20/97 -0800, I Find Karma wrote:
>Ron Resnick writes:
> > Oh *please* can we start another flame war :-). ANYTHING to break
> > the tedium of more RC5-64 stats....
>
>Let's not forget the rules for a good flamewar, reposted here from (yes!)
>rec.humor ...

:-)
Very funny stuff Adam. See? I _told_ you FoRK could get better
if you got back in the game!

>} [ ] Over 97% of your post was quoted from a previous post
>} [ ] Over 97% of your post was quoted from a previous post and your
>} addition was "I agree" or "Me too"

Wow. Were these actually in the original form? Or did you add them in?
That would be too eerie if they just happened to use the number 97%
don't you think?

>} [ ] you discussed the following in a non-nutcase newsgroup;
>} [ ] hollow earth theory [ ] alien President theory
>} [ ] orbital mind control frisbees [ ] faith healing
>} [ ] government weather control [ ] Russian psychics
>} [ ] Squeaky Fromme [ ] robot spy bees
>} [ ] sexually promiscuous space aliens [ ] "Manos, the Hands of Fate"
>} [ ] dieting [ ] dating [X] RC5-64 [ ] Other:

FoRK is a "non-nutcase" newsgroup?? :-)
robot spy bees might be fun. Especially vast swarms of them.
I'd like to hear more about the orbital mind control frisbees too, if
anyone has a link.

So are we officially flaming now? Can I get my digs in?
This stupid list has been wasting away for months now.
There's almost no bits. There's very little news, other than the stuff you can
get just as easily on msnbc or infoworld. There's not much humour or
high level mocking. The fun people who used to contribute a lot have
all pretty much been driven underground by the crap that passes for
traffic around here. Remind me - what phase is this list in? Oh yeah, mouldy
and covered in cobwebs :-(

Three cheers!!! Adam is back!

Ron