RE: Tea List from the Laundromat

CobraBoy! (tbyars@earthlink.net)
Tue, 25 Nov 1997 16:16:19 -0800

At 3:08 PM -0800 11/25/97, Joe Barrera wrote:

> So our email is Adam's personal scratchpad. Great.
>
> - Joe

yeah, and his personal correspondence to RoRo also it appears.

> Argh, Rohit, this Pete Loshin book "TCP/IP Clearly Explained" sucks: it
> doesn't even list RFC numbers in its bibliography. Even "TCP/IP for
> Dummies" does that a little in its appendices. Maybe the Stevens book
> has them?
>
> And geez, Loshin's book has no orthogonalization! Look at this
> chart and TRY to figure out at which level of the network each
> protocol lives...
>
> ARP -- Address Resolution Protocol
> Matches hardware network addresses to TCP/IP network addresses.
> BGP -- Border Gateway Protocol
> Passes routing information across internetworks.
> BOOTP -- Boot Protocol

nice.

Tim

--

I got up feeling so down, I got off being sold out I've keep the movie rolling, But the story's getting old now I just looked in the mirror, Things aren't looking so good I'm looking California, and feeling Minnesota. <> tbyars@earthlink.net <>