NT and Unix Server Siege

Gregory Alan Bolcer (gbolcer@gambetta.ICS.uci.edu)
Thu, 20 Nov 1997 15:57:35 -0800

Quinlan responds.

------- Forwarded Message

From: TQuinlan <TQuinlan@sjmercury.com>
To: gbolcer <gbolcer@ics.uci.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 15:55:05 -0800
Subject: RE: NT and Unix Server Siege

You're right that just those numbers about NT's growth rate would be skewed
at least which is why, I believe, we also included the dollar figures in the
story showing that much more is spent on Unix servers than NT servers, and
making the point that much of the dollar difference was due to the fact that
Unix-based systems can be much larger than NT ones.
(Sorry I have to say I believe, but I left for Comdex before the story ran
or went through the final edit and just got back today, so I haven't
actually seen the finished product.)
Thanks for writing by the way, its always good to get feedback. Tom Quinlan

------- End of Forwarded Message