Re: *** Most Americans favor bombing Iraq - poll

CobraBoy! (tbyars@earthlink.net)
Wed, 19 Nov 1997 08:51:16 -0800

At 8:26 AM -0800 11/19/97, Robert S. Thau wrote:

> Last week, Tim wrote:
>
> I don't think the other Arab's give a rats ass. This is mostly about him
> being able to sell oil again. If he re-enters the market he is going to
> drive prices down by selling his oil at cut rate prices to get people to
> buy. The other oil producing nations aren't in too much of a hurry to see
> that. As long as we keep this to ourselves and keep Israel out of it they
> don't care if we pop in a few cruise missiles. I predict a Saturday night
> strike. (Well Sun morning)
>
> I wasn't in much of position to respond to this at the time --- BBC
> radio had been reporting for the entire week that the Arab states
> generally were opposed to military action, but I don't have a URL for
> text of their reports.
>
> However, after this weekend's round of diplomatic (not military)
> activity, even the *American* media was reporting that the
> U.S. administration could not find a single Arab state that was
> willing to condone military action --- not even Kuwait.

Well I still stand behind my statement. I don't think the other Arab's give
a rats ass. They just don't want to be a part of the U.S. beating up on
another arab nation. It's the language of state. We don't condone the U.S.
action. That way they get to keep their hands clean. They aren't stupid
enough not to think this wacko would use nerve gas on their people if he
thought he could get away witih it.

Tim

--

the me that you know used to have feelings but the blood has stopped pumping and he's left to decay the me that you used to know doesn't come around much that part of me isn't here anymore. NIN

<> tbyars @ earthlink.net <>