RoLive on CI$...

Rohit Khare (rohit@saloninus.ICS.uci.edu)
Thu, 13 Nov 1997 22:36:42 -0800

Well, between the time I said yes and the event, a few corporate
realignments happened, shall we say... Rohit

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 09:49:34 -0500
From: Anne Papina <74777.3443@compuserve.com>
Subject: conference announcement
Sender: Anne Papina <74777.3443@compuserve.com>
To: Rohit Khare <khare@w3.org>

Hi Rohit,

Here's a copy of the conference announcement. Please let me know if you have
any questions.

Thanks!

Anne...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Web Security: A Matter of Trust
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

In the latest installment of the World Wide Web Journal, the W3C takes a new
approach to automated security decision making, Trust Management. Join us on
Saturday, November 15 at 11:00 a.m. PST/ 2:00 p.m. EST/ 7:00 p.m. GMT in the
CompuServe Internet WebMaster Forum's "Special Events" conference room <GO
INETWEB> with Rohit Khare, editor of the W3C's "Web Security: A Matter of
Trust" (O'Reilly).

This volume of the Journal focuses on trust management--a new
philosophy for protecting open, decentralized systems, such as medical
records, and examines who is authorized to access this data. Also covered are
other security-related topics such as secure Web programming, security for
the Domain Name System, digital signature legislation and government access
to encryption keys.

The World Wide Web Consortium spearheads standards-based
research and development for the Web and has been an active player in Web
security since its inception. Join us this Saturday with Rohit and have him
answer your questions about Web security issues live!

------- End of Forwarded Message