RE: Winders software that you can't live without

From: Damien Morton (Morton@dennisinter.com)
Date: Sun Dec 10 2000 - 13:37:29 PST

Theres two ways to do it. One is to install two video cards, probably a PCI
and an AGP (Im not aware of any dual AGP mobos). The other way is to install
a dual head card, such as the Matrox Millenium G400 or G450. The second
option can give you a virtual 2560x1024 24bit screen. I beleive they even
have quad head cards too. The only problem is that it really is a virtual
2560x1024 screen and message boxes have a nasty habit of popping up right in
the middle of the screen. Matrox has some software to correct the problem,
but Ive been finding it interferes with the software that uses multiple
window interfaces. I imagine that it wont always be a problem.

I beleive that Sony VAIO laptops support dual screen with their LCD and an
external monitor.