RE: Winders software that you can't live without

From: Damien Morton (Morton@dennisinter.com)
Date: Sat Dec 09 2000 - 19:40:48 PST

TextPad works for me as a Notepad replacement
UnrealTournament TacOps mod for stress relief (the server 'School of Hard
nogs' runs at 150% of normal speed :)
WebWasher to keep the crud to a minimum and to control body.onunload
MIRC + WinCVS help span the distances
Iris for those times when you need to see whats really going on
JAD for those times when you need to see why the javadoc seems to be wrong
Python 2.0 + win32 extensions for making programming a pleasure
Zope for when Python needs an object database, even though Im ambivalent
about it
Flash+Generator deliver a great deal of what java promised multimedia people
clientside and never delivered on

Outlook is a beast I have come to depend on - I could live with another
IE simply is the best browser Im aware of - I could live with another

Hardware-wise I couldnt live without a dual screen setup
Frankly I dont know how I ever lived without it before.

W2K is actually good. Definately a hard act to follow for the opensource
movement. Its not free, but it is good.