Re: definition of conservatism

From: Jeff Bone (jbone@jump.net)
Date: Tue Dec 05 2000 - 11:56:10 PST

> Great scholarship, and I'm sure that's what conservatism was. However, I'm
> not convinced that's what conservatism means today.

Agreed --- further, I'm convinced that's NOT what conservativism means today.
You've got to define conservativism relative to some particular personal
point-of-view, relative to some particular set of issues. I wonder what
self-identified conservatives would say conservativism means, and how much
agreement there would be about it even among those polled... does thinking that
way make me a "liberal?"

Language is a virus... - Will Burroughs

;-)

jb