RE: Game boxes

From: Eirikur Hallgrimsson (eh@mad.scientist.com)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 13:50:08 PST

Gad, and I think I'm the big Apple critic.

Tom, you know not of where you speak. Macs are as upgradable as PCs.
Yes, this includes the iMac, which is actually more upgradable than
the busless cheapo PCs. Clearly, you don't follow the Mac.

I've got 288 MB of memory in this fast RISC machine laptop, and I'm
planning to get a new processor daughter-card to reach 500 Mhz with a
1/2 speed 1 MB deep
L2 cache. I've got Linux in one partition and classic MacOS in another.
I can't quite figure out why I'd want OS X, but I've got plenty of room for it.

Yes, Steve Jobs is as big a jerk as Bill Gates, but for the most part
the hardware is respectable despite his paring it to the bone.

Legacy-free is such a great marketing gimmick. Compatibility-free is more like
it, but research shows that slots in PCs go unfilled over 90% of the
time, making exposed-bus designs overpriced eventually.

Eirikur