The Devil's dictionary

From: Robert Tenback (Robert.Tenback@informaat.nl)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 06:21:44 PST

A little while ago there was a discussion about dict.org. Today I was
trying this service when I noticed the devil's dictionary:

From THE DEVIL'S DICTIONARY ((C)1911 Released April 15 1993) :

VOTE, n. The instrument and symbol of a freeman's power to make a
 fool of himself and a wreck of his country.

PRESIDENT, n. The leading figure in a small group of men of whom --
  and of whom only -- it is positively known that immense numbers of
  their countrymen did not want any of them for President.

When you look up 'Gore' in the Devil's Dict it suggests:
BORE, n. A person who talks when you wish him to listen
MORE, adj. The comparative degree of too much.
LORE, n. Learning -- particularly that sort which is not derived from
  a regular course of instruction but comes of the reading of occult
  books, or by nature. {...snip...]

And for 'Bush' it suggests:
PUSH, n. One of the two things mainly conducive to success,
  especially in politics. The other is Pull.

Just thought I'd share this :-)

Robert Tenback

--
Robert@tenback.demon.nl