Re: confederacy of dunces*

From: cdale@silly.techmonkeys.net
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 13:29:39 PST

If the original counts are wrong, then how are they the only valid votes?
Why are there differences in the counts, if the machines are accurate
enough to count them? If they were 2 or 3 or even 50 off, no biggie, but
that's not the case. If the machines are bork, count em by hand. The
machines are obviously bork. Maybe this will make someone find the funds
for the new fancy machines that the other counties are using. Sheesh.
It's the Oh Ohs and we have machines that are so outdated that they can't
count the damned vote with any kind of accuracy. I'll loan em a bunch of
computers if they need, damn. (: I know one thing: if I lived in one of
those counties, I'd want a recount, even if I voted for Buchanan.

 "A civilized society is one which tolerates eccentricity to the point of doubtful sanity."
          -- Robert Frost