Re: confederacy of dunces*

From: cdale@silly.techmonkeys.net
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 10:45:58 PST

This is the kind of crap I heard at the Bush cultists's house. Blah blah
blah. I'm sure some of it's fact, but some of it is clearly parrotted
from those christian radio shows. Why don't you say something that's
from your point of view instead of quoting all those doods on TV and radio
who keep saying the same thing over and over? I've heard all this before.
Only a fool would compare politics to sports. (Disclaimer: I don't
consider WWF to be a sport (shuddup, Jeff))
P.S. Why is it that these ppl who keep squawking about the votes already
being counted by the machines refuse to acknowledge that there was a
DIFFERENCE in the results? So what that he won, he won, there is
clearly a problem with the stupid machines. Most of the ones who are
yelling this crap use Windows, for fuck's sake. Seems it'd be easier for
them to realize that machines are not perfect. (:

FLORIDA VOTE COUNT TOTALS
Nov. 26, 2000
PRESIDENT Nov. 7 First Recount Certified
Bush 2,909,176 2,911,872 2,912,790
Gore 2,907,451 2,910,942 2,912,253
Bush Lead 1725 930 537
Source: State of Florida
(www.cnn.com)

 "A civilized society is one which tolerates eccentricity to the point of doubtful sanity."
          -- Robert Frost