Re: Stick a FoRK in some beef rendang

From: Koen Holtman (koen@hep.caltech.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 17:29:43 PST

On Mon, 27 Nov 2000, Lisa Dusseault wrote:

> This is useful because I went to two asian-food groceries yesterday in
> search of galanggal, but failed to find what I sought in fresh, dried,
> powdered or canned form. This could be my incompetence, but at least the
> indomerchant web-site lets me do searches!

I had exactly the same experience -- I searched for and failed to find
galangal in a huge asian supermarket here in the LA area. I ended up
importing it from Holland, where every supermarket has it.

I generally use a small Dutch-language booklet for my `Dutch traditional
versions of indonesian food' cooking, so I can't help you on the cookbook
question.

Koen.