Re: Another day, another dime...

From: Adam Rifkin (adam@KnowNow.com)
Date: Sat Nov 25 2000 - 12:13:03 PST

> I decided to drop out and start the software company I always wanted

Here's a Harper's Index of my first year with KnowNow...

# of cities I've been in: 13
# of cities in Canada: 2
# of cities I've lived in: 3

# of days I saw Rohit: 337
# of days I saw my wife: 42

# of pets that died: 1
# of pets still alive: 2

# of friends and relatives diagnosed with serious illnesses: 3
# of children born to friends: 8
# of friends who got married this year: 8

chances I would finish my PhD, calculated 11/25/99: 3 in 100
chances I'll finish my PhD, calculated 11/25/2000: 9 in 10,000

# of book authors who really inspired me this year: 14
 (Charles Ferguson, Randy Komisar, Vivek Ranadive, John Nesheim,
  Jakob Nielsen, Danny Goodman, Jon Udell, George Gilder, Alan Deutschmann,
  Stephen Segaller, Po Bronson, Russ Daggett/Tren Griffin, Xander Blakely)

# of months since I've had a chance to read The Motley Fool boards: almost 8
%age down the BubblePort is in a year: -48%
    http://members.aol.com/Rimpinths/BubblePort.htm

# of individuals and institutions we've talked with about funding KnowNow: 117

# of frequent flier miles I've spent this year: 200000
# of frequent flier miles Rohit spent this year: 375000

# of speeding tickets: 3
# of parking tickets: 8
# of tickets for not wearing a seatbelt: 2
# of serious auto accidents Rohit and I have been in this year: 3
# of times we were towed: 1

# of times Britney Spears was mentioned in a pitch: at least 40
# of times the Rolling Stones were mentioned in a pitch: definitely less

# of songs I've downloaded from Napster and Gnutella: 1,045
# of times we've played Karl Douglas' "Kung Fu Fighting": more than I can count

----
Adam@KnowNow.Com

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -- Aristotle

We must not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we began and to know the place for the first time. -- T.S. Eliot